JMI nominates qualified students for training opportunities at regional and international news establishments immediately after graduation, so they can hone the skills acquired in the MA program and apply them in a professional environment. The training opportunities program is based on merit and hard work at institutions where trainees are familiarized with practices of the highest professional and ethical standards.
As of the end of 2019, 54 students - or 22% of the total JMI graduates – participated in the fellowship program at the following establishments:
- Agence France-Presse (AFP) in Paris, France.
- Deutsche Welle (DW) in Berlin, Germany.
- Spanish News Agency (EFE) in Cairo, Egypt.
- Al Arabiya News Channel in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- CNN Arabic in Dubai, UAE.
- Indian Institute of Mass Communication in New Delhi, India.
- Arabic Al Jazeera Channel in Ramallah, Palestine.
- Arabic Al Jazeera Channel in Doha, Qatar.
- Women’s News in Washington, US.
- Film and Television Institute in Maharashtra, India.
- Satyajit Ray Film and Television Institute in Kalkota, India
- Reuters Institute at the University of Oxford, UK
- Oxfam International in Amman, Jordan.
- Danish Institute Against Torture (DIGNITY) in Amman, Jordan
- Dubai International Film Festival, UAE
- Economic & Social Council in Amman, Jordan
- Indian Institute of Technology in Delhi, India