Jordan Media Institute offers scholarships that cover partially tuition fees, which amount to JD14,000, to Jordanian and Arab students, depending on available funds.
- The student must be accepted into the program after meeting JMI admission criteria.
- The organization offering the scholarship might request special conditions that shall be taken into consideration when it is granted.
- The student must not have been penalized for committing a felony or misdemeanor.
- Scholarships are granted after examining the student’s financial situation and personal circumstances. The decision on whether or not to grant a partial scholarship shall be at the discretion of the JMI without having to provide any reason.
- By signing a scholarship contract, the student shall be fully committed to the scholarship conditions before joining the program and the start of the semester.
- The institute shall not grant a scholarship to more than one member of any family in the same academic year.
Losing scholarship entitlement:
Students shall lose their scholarships in the following cases:
- If an irrevocable sentence is passed against the student for committing a felony or misdemeanor in an honor-related case.
- If JMI or the academic committee adopts a decision to dismiss the student on disciplinary or academic grounds.
- If the student violates any provision of the scholarship contract and/or JMI regulations (Student Code of Conduct and directives for granting degrees) and/or does not fulfill any financial commitment stipulated in this contract.
- If the student quits his studies without providing a legitimate excuse that is acceptable to the JMI administration.
- If it is proven that the student submitted information and/or documents that are false and/or conflict with reality and/or the law.
- In the event of the loss of a scholarship and/or dismissal for any of the above-mentioned reasons or those stated in the JMI directives, the student shall be committed to paying back all tuition fees for the courses taken at the institute (JD1,272 per course), unless the JMI Board of Directors decides otherwise.
- In the event of a full or partial halt to the support extended to JMI for any reason, and/or if the institute is no longer able to provide the scholarship requirements or any part of it, the scholarship and contract shall automatically cease to exist without any liability whatsoever on the part of the institute. JMI shall be fully released from all its commitments under the scholarship contract and conditions toward the student and/or others.
Scholarships shall not include the following:
- Fees for repeating a course due to dropping out, failing, being denied a course, or raising GPA. The student shall bear the cost of repeating a course (JD1,272).
- Applications, admission and language study fees, or any other charges that a student might be required to pay during the program.
- Educational expenses, such as books, photocopying, and stationery.
- Health insurance.
- Fees for the issuance of university documents, such as enrollment certificates, official transcripts, and graduation papers, or re-issuance of lost documents.
NB: Paid fees are non-refundable.