Project Duration: 1 Jan 2020 – 31 May 2021
Donor: Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs in cooperation with the Norwegian Embassy in Jordan
Partner: Norwegian Embassy in Jordan
To enhance the awareness, knowledge and understanding of freedoms of media and expression among fresh graduates of journalism and young media professionals.
- Training on critical thinking and verification skills using digital media tools for 35 young journalists whose experience does not exceed five years
- Training on "Photography and Editing using Mobile Phone" for 24 students at Jordan Media Institute.
- Training on “Production of in-depth media content on public sector accountability and freedom of expression” for 24 students at Jordan Media Institute.
- Production of in-depth media content that monitor freedom of the internet and digital media
- Conducting the campaign of "Freedom of Expression is a Right and Responsibility" via JMI’s social media platforms
- Two training workshops on “Digital Journalism for Different Social Media Platforms” for current JMI students
- Two training workshops on “MOJO” for civil society organizations
- A training workshop on "Podcast" for young members of civil society organizations, Jordan Media Institute graduates and new media graduates
- A seminar on “digital transformation” for editors-in-chief in Jordan
Enhancing the awareness, knowledge and understanding of freedoms of media and expression among fresh graduates of journalism and young media professionals. The Jordan Media Institute will support these journalists with skills in critical thinking, verification and innovation as well as legislative and regulatory knowledge. In order to ensure sustainability, JMI will also help journalists acquire skills to create digital content that promotes freedoms and public accountability.
Fresh graduates of journalism and young professionals in the field of media