The project aimed to improve journalists’ capabilities in covering business-related topics, such as:
- Economic and financial developments in the Kingdom and the mid-term fiscal framework.
- Financial decentralization.
- Public-private partnership.
The project entailed organizing three workshops. During the three-day workshops, journalists were introduced to these topics and the training focused on:
- Collecting economic information and sources of financial news.
- Dealing with financial data and how to process this information in news stories.
- Simplifying the economic and financial content for the public.
- Humanize economic content and digital data.
- Handling tables and figures to create news stories.
- Making links between budget indicators.
- Writing economic and financial news stories using available sources.
- Using digital tools and infographics.
- The first workshop was held for 15 journalists from various media outlets in the television, radio and print media sectors.
- The second workshop was held for 12 journalists from various media outlets in the television, radio and print media sectors.
- The third workshop was held for 13 journalists from various media outlets in the television, radio and print media sectors.